Makes 6 servings. Begin preparation the night before.
Large Bowl Ingredients:
2 cups old-fashioned large-flake oats (not quick)
1 cup whole milk
½ cup fresh lemon juice
2/3 cup granulated sugar
Small Bowl Ingredients:
1 ½ cups strawberries (divided in half)
1 apple, cored, peeled, and grated
½ cup blueberries
½ cup raspberries
1 cup yogurt cheese
- The night before, prepare your Yogurt Cheese. (See instructions below.)
- In the morning, in a large bowl, combine oats, milk, lemon juice and sugar. Let stand at room temperature 10 minutes so oats soften.
- In a small bowl, mash half the strawberries.
- Stir together mashed and whole strawberries, apple, raspberries, blueberries and yogurt cheese into oat mixture.
- Add fruit to large bowl oat mixture. Mix well.
- Refrigerate 1 hour before serving or up to 1 day.
To make yogurt cheese…
- Line a strainer with a coffee filter.
- Place the strainer over a bowl.
- Add at least 1 ½ cups natural yogurt (N0 additives).
- Let drain overnight in refrigerator.